Rails to Trails Cover Feature

Back in the spring, I spent a couple of days on Cape Cod, talking to locals, sampling the seafood, and riding from Wellfleet to South Dennis on their 22-mile rail trail. I was on assignment for Rails to Trails magazine, exploring the area for their Fall 2010 issue

Although I didn't make it all the way out to P-town, cyclists with more time than I had should also check out the Cape Cod National Seashore trail network. There are nearly ten miles of additional bike paths within the park's boundaries. And finally, as I have mentioned before, if you're planning a trip out to one of the towns on the Cape, consider booking a stay at the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast in Eastham. The views, the hosts, and the three-course breakfasts (more energy for long rides) are truly exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment