Fire Island Flavors

Growing up near the U.S. Naval Academy and the Chesapeake Bay, it's almost a given that you'll develop an attraction to water. Which is part of the reason why I was happy to hop aboard a powerboat for my latest assignment from Edible East End. After crossing Great South Bay with Jeff, Greg, and Bert of the Fire Island Beer Company, I spent an autumn afternoon with them, grilling burgers, drinking beers, and tweaking the recipe for what would become Frozen Tail Ale. It was a lot of fun but I'm disappointed that I won't be able to try their winter warmer this year. 

Incidentally, a subscription to the magazine that celebrates the harvest of the Hamptons and the North Fork also makes an excellent last-minute gift for the foodie on your Christmas shopping list. Then again, so does a six pack of craft beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment