Beer Town: Brooklyn

I love New York. Really, I do. The thing is, over the years I've become much more of an outer borough kind of guy. Sure, I still have my favorite bars and restaurants in Manhattan, but these days I just don't spend much time there anymore. Thanks to a growing number of foodie entrepreneurs in Kings County though, I hardly even miss it.

Let's take beer, for example: Manhattan only has one true brewery (all of the Heartland beers are actually made across the East River in Fort Greene) while Brooklyn's got four. And that includes a business billing itself as the world's smallest non-commercial brewery. I could go on, but it's late, and you'd rather be watching something funny anyway.

So if you're curious about what's happening in Brooklyn, pick up a copy of the May/June 2010 issue of DRAFT magazine for my tips on the best places to eat, sleep, and drink in this newly-minted Beer Town. Or, if you're low on cash and like a good map, read the online version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment